- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon unsweetened Dutch-process cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons coarse salt
- 8 ounces (2 sticks) unsalted butter
- 1 1/3 cups sugar, plus more for rolling
- 2 large egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons pure vanilla extract
- Peppermint or regular Junior Mints
- Preheat oven to 350°. Sift flour, cocoa powder and salt into a small bowl. In a larger bowl, cream butter and sugar with a mixer until pale and fluffy. Reduce speed to medium and add yolks, cream and vanilla. Scrape sides of the bowl. Beat in flour mixture until just combined.
- Roll balls using 2 teaspoons dough for each, then roll each in sugar. Place 1 inch apart on a parchment-lined baking sheets. With the handle of a wooden spoon, press gently in the center of each ball to create an indentation.
- Bake the dough, rotating the baking sheet halfway through, until a cookie shape has formed (about 10 minutes). If the indentation was lost during baking, press again. Let the cookies cool slightly on baking sheet. Press one Junior Mint into each cookie. Transfer cookies to wire racks and let fully cool.