Pinch My Salt – http://pinchmysalt.com/
– This blog has a smaller more interesting list of recipes for a mix it up meal or expanding on something you already cook frequently. Sorted by meal, the main courses include staples like the Blue Cheese Burger or Sloppy Joe and Creamy Spinach Soup but this recipe list goes further with creative, fun and simple dishes like Artichoke Hummus, Spiked Egg Nog French Toast and Roasted Autumn Vegetable Chowder. A blog style of colorful pictures and quality descriptions of each dish are included with each recipe.
Bake or Break – http://www.bakeorbreak.com/
– A Baker’s delight, this site has a clean look with excellent food photography. The recipe list of baked goods is amazing and will make your wheels spin. Click on a baked good from the recipe list and a brief summery including various notes about where the recipe came from, ingredients to avoid or steps to be carful with is displayed along side images. If you like the recipe, above the top image of each recipe is a text button to view the recipe’s steps and ingredient list ready for printing.
smitten kitchen – http://smittenkitchen.com/
– This site delivers great food photography of very approachable meals. A huge list of recipes to choose from as well and a huge list of good cooking link to look through and expand your cooking knowledge awaits. The recipes show excellent step by step photography and somewhat lengthy descriptions with an ingredient break down at the bottom of the page.
Simply Recipes – http://simplyrecipes.com/
– A huge array of recipes that are sorted by type. (ex: Beef, Chicken, Seafood…, or by dish, Salad, Main Course, Desert…, or by miscellaneous, Budget, Low Carb, Quick, Tex Mex…) The large list of recipes range from fancy in-depth dishes to neat variations of simple dishes you are probably already cooking. Forget the ingredients to one of your staples, then check here to see if they have a variation of the same dish.
the kitchn – http://www.thekitchn.com
– You will find a wide variety of cooking info, from a large recipe lists with good imagery to photosets of live kitchen tours from people’s homes. Recipes can be searched standard meal times or by more interesting searches like “quick”, “make ahead” or “seasons”. This site is such a large resource that it even has a “Quick guide to every herb and spice”.