Have too many CDs and movies to keep track of? Here are some creative ideas to help you organize your collection.
1. Start by pulling all of your CDs, DVDs or videos games out of their current state of mess so they can be sifted through.
2. You will need to decide how you would like to organize your collections. Basic organization starts with separating out all types of media (DVDs, CDs, video games) if you have not already done that. From this point you have options as to how you would like to arrange your separated collections.
- Alphabetical: Create a list of all the titles in an Excel spreadsheet on your computer. Then sort the entire list with the Sort feature in Excel, which will automatically create an alphabetical list for you.
- Favorites: Another organization technique is to arrange movies or CDs by your personal likes & dislikes. Place your favorite movies on the top shelf and work down (or to the right) from your starting point.
- Genre: Organizing by genre is another logical option for arranging media. Separating comedy movies from action movies will take less time than sorting alphabetically—and will speed up the time it take to find what you’re looking for.
3. Once you’ve organized your collection, it’s time to stack, setup and put it away. A simple wall shelf at eye level will do, but we suggests you take a look at our large collection of media storage. You’ll find many easy and affordable upgrades for your home. Solutions carries many different options for storing your media, which will safely and neatly store your DVDs, CDs and video games in attractive wood furnishings.